Our Principal - Michael Fernando
Mike has earned a reputation as the “go-to guy” for building teams by completing difficult, highly specialized searches for many top global companies.
Prior to launching MainSail Search Associates, Mike held numerous corporate leadership roles:
- Global Head of Executive Search and Corporate Services Recruiting, Iron Mountain
- Director of Executive Search, Corporate Services, EMC
- Vice President, Head of Global Recruiting, Bank of New York Mellon Wealth Management
- Director, Executive Search Team, Fidelity Investments
- Division Director, The Creative Group, Robert Half International
Mike's experience on the agency side and his long tenure as an internal recruiting leader has given him a unique perspective to recruiting. Having worked collaboratively with hiring managers and business leaders, he is an integral part of the discussion around what makes a candidate an ideal fit, what worked during an interview and what makes someone stand out.
His success in building internal teams through ensuring alignment, cross collaboration and ability to assess candidates, on not only their functional IQ but their leadership EQ, has helped many global companies advance their mission. Mike has placed top executives in leadership roles and has watched their careers progress significantly. These in-depth assessments from the start of process have enabled long term career growth for numerous mid and senior executives.
Mike is a graduate of Southern New Hampshire University and currently resides near Foxborough, MA. When not searching for top talent, Mike enjoys spending time with his wife, daughters and dogs on the Cape!